Hi, my name’s Max! I’m a doctoral researcher at the University of Oldenburg’s Department of Philosophy. If you want to know more about me, feel free to take a look at
Most of this information can also be found bundled in my CV (of which you can find the most recent version in English here and in German here).
Inspired by Gilad Feldman, I invite you to check and replicate my work.
The portrait to the left (or above, if you’re on a mobile device), by the way, was painted by the talented Spiceestew.
- Areas of Specialization:
- Experimental Philosophy, Need-Based Distributive Justice, Causation
- Areas of Competence:
- Distributive Justice, Philosophy of Science
- Areas of Interest:
- Metaphilosophy, Philosophy of Language
- Tools of Choice:
- LaTeX, LimeSurvey, oTree, Stata, R, Python
The projects I’m currently working on include:
- my cumulative dissertation on need-based distributive justice (supervised by Mark Siebel)
- a paper on coherence (jointly with Michael Schippers, Mark Siebel, and Stephan Kornmesser)
- an edited volume on paradoxes (to be published with mentis; jointly with Gregor Damschen and Mark Siebel)
- an edited volume on experimental philosophy (to be published with Walter de Gruyter; jointly with Stephan Kornmesser)
- an introduction to methods of experimental philosophy (to be published with Springer; jointly with Stephan Kornmesser, Mark Alfano, Aurélien Allard, Lucien Baumgartner, Florian Cova, Paul Engelhardt, Eugen Fischer, Henrike Meyer, Kevin Reuter, Justin Sytsma, Kyle Thompson, and Marc Wyszynski)
- the next volume of the Oldenburger Jahrbuch für Philosophie (to be published with BIS-Verlag; jointly with Helena Esther Grass)
The great people with whom I had the pleasure to work or with whom I’m currently working include:
Get in Touch
If you want to get in touch, you can reach me at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the internet, there are also some other places where you can find me, including but not limited to: